MATER IS LOOKING FOR A SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR (COO)
The Supply Chain Director is responsible for continuously optimizing Mater´s supply chain footprint, covering supplier development and operations, procurement, warehousing, freight and customer service. Develop scalable structure and operations, processes and systems.
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
Your areas of responsibilities
You will, as The Supply Chain Director (COO), be a key player in Mater Leadership Team, and your main responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsible for group operations footprint and entire supply chain, hence, demand fulfilment.
- Develop a robust plan for growth with key suppliers and identify alternatives to existing supply chain.
- Analyse and develop footprint opportunities, select and develop partners & suppliers
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service & performance.
- Overall responsible for the Quality Management system and policies.
- Overall responsible for EHS (Environment, Health & Safety).
- Develop and implement systems and digitalize processes to optimize supply chain effectiveness and efficiency, quality and waste management, and logistics.
- Cross functional projects to optimize supply chain with R&D and sales.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to develop structure for expansion opportunities.
- As an integral part, responsible for contractors operating the TKM machine.
- Hire, lead & develop direct reports.
- Plan, budget and control supply chain budget.
- Develop margin improvement programs across the supply chain.
- Being hands-on towards key external suppliers & partners.
- Oversee & mitigate potential risk from supply chain operations.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and entrepreneurial operations (supply chain/procurement) individual with a proven track record, international experience from creating scalable operations and operations network from the industry.
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with below experience and personal traits:
- Supply chain responsibilities on strategic, tactical, and operational level.
- Proven track record from similar industry and/or value chain dynamic – and has shown the ability to execute in similar environment maintaining company ethics.
- Management & International experience from a midsized/large company, and preferably experience in a scale up of a supply chain.
- Managing supply chain and customer service team and being responsible for procurement.
- Proven high growth strategy, business, culture & team management experience.
- Independent, dynamic and highly operational – hands on – yet still strategic, methodical, analytic, data-driven and structured.
- Excellent negotiator in combination with being a natural relationship builder, with high level of business acumen, standards & ethics.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and works well in highly dynamic and transformational environments.
- +10 years´ experience from similar role.
- Graduate education, preferably at Master level (supply chain, business or similar).
We offer a great challenge in a purpose driven company, dedicated to innovation, design and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by transparency, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit in an ambitious team. This role will give a unique possibility to lead and develop, hence embarking on an exciting journey to accelerate growth.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
You will report to the CEO and we will need your application latest June 10th 2021.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your application and resumé in English to email@example.com; marked The Supply Chain Director
For further questions or details of the role or Mater A/S, you are welcome to contact CEO, Ketil Årdal, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 20128080 or HR consultant Mette Torpe, email@example.com, +45 22704947
Workplace: Copenhagen, Denmark