MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A RETAIL SALES MANAGER, UK & IRELAND
Would you like to be a part of a Danish design brand who is striving to make a difference regarding sustainability and circular thinking within furniture design and production?
Then this position may interest you.
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents.
We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising quality or aesthetics. Today, our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
The Retail Sales Manager represents Mater in all relationships with our BtC (Business to Consumer, Retail & Ecommerce) Partners in UK & Ireland, reporting into the Managing Director UK & Ireland.
The position is new and would allow the right candidate to have a strong influence on the development of Maters future position in the market.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and build the Mater brand with our Retail and Ecommerce partners.
You will be a key player in Maters UK sales team. Together with the Managing Director UK & Ireland, you will continuously develop and adjust the actions and tactics to deliver the commercial goals for the Retail business in UK & Ireland.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for sales to our BtC partners in UK
- According to the strategy (selective distribution), develop the most effective BtC distribution network of e-tailers & retailers in the market
- Together with Marketing develop, plan, and implement any Mater Brand POS concepts for the distribution network
- Develop, plan and implement sales activities in collaboration with our partners, including campaigns, newsletters and other marketing related efforts
- Accountability for achieving yearly sales targets
Requirements and personal qualifications
The ideal candidate is a driven individual, with a proven track record and a strong, established network within the retail furniture industry in the UK.
As a person you are passionate about sustainability, have a positive mindset and are a dedicated team player. You enjoy working in an informal environment, with committed colleagues who are willing to go the extra mile for each other and our customers.
- Proven relevant experience in a similar position in the UK furniture industry
- Ability to work independently
- Proven track record in building and maintaining long term partnership with retail partners, whilst demonstrating step change growth
- A digital native person
- A generally good understanding and experience within both Retail and E-commerce (e-tail)
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and works well in a highly dynamic and transformational environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Language: Fluent in English (orally and written)
Occasional evening or weekend work related to customer events is to be expected.
We offer a great challenge in a fast-growing company driven by innovation and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit. This role will give a unique possibility to be part of a company who is on a mission to inspire people into sustainable thinking.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
Competitive salary package according to qualifications.
How to apply
Please apply before April 15th, 2022. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your CV and short application to firstname.lastname@example.org; marked “Retail Sales Manager”
For further questions or information, you are welcome to contact:
People & Admin, Louise Ræbild email@example.com, mobile: +45 22801505
Workplace: London, Clerkenwell.