MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER WITH A PLANNING LEAD
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
Your areas of responsibilities
The Supply Chain Manager will take a leading role in running our planning processes for our sourced furniture products. You will be fully responsible for ensuring product availability across our furniture products and your key contribution will be product availability, lead times on contract orders and inventory turns.
Besides running the day-to-day planning on the majority of our sales volume, the role includes a significant share of business development. This includes designing and setting up a robust MRP process, contributor in our ERP project, sourcing projects with suppliers.
The Supply Chain Managers key responsibilities:
- Main task is to Supply Plan majority of our products in a MRP environment and weekly release procurement orders towards suppliers. Follow up on deliveries and plan peaks and campaigns with our first and second tier supplier.
- Project contributor in our ERP implementation and digitalization of Supply Chain
- Inventory and cash flow planning.
- Design and lead our S&OP process.
- Project co-lead on supplier improvements projects, being productivity (margin improvements), logistics flows and competence development
- Co-lead supplier contracts evaluation, negotiations, and professionalization.
- Oversee logistics cost development and lead on planning peaks and stock takes with 3PL partners.
Requirements and personal qualifications
- As a person you have a positive mindset, and you are most importantly a team player. You enjoy working in an informal environment, with dedicated colleagues who are willing to go the extra mile for each other and our customers.
- You have as a minimum 5 years of experience with in Demand/Supply Planning or similar. This includes experience from working in an MRP You have preferable been part of at least one ERP implementation/upgrade.
- You are a superuser in Excel and BI/Toolpack solutions and you are no stranger in using data as key in your decision processes.
- You have a proven track record in working with external suppliers and successfully establishing partner relations.
- You have a growth mindset, you are ambitious, smart and are well aware of how to succeed as a teamplayer
- You have a degree within engineering from DTU or similar or Supply Chain from a business school like CBS
- Language: Fluent in Danish & English (orally and written)
- Travel: 10-20 days per year.
You will be working together with a rapidly growing team of +20 motivated colleagues, who all share the ambition of making a positive sustainable impact on the furniture industry.
We offer a great challenge in a fast-growing company driven by innovation and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by teamwork, transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit. This role will give a unique possibility to be part of a company who is on a mission to inspire people into sustainable thinking.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation, or disability.
Competitive salary package according to qualifications including a pension scheme.
How to apply
Please apply before February 21st. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your CV and short application in English to email@example.com; marked “Supply Chain (Planning Lead)”
For further questions or information, you are welcome to contact:
Jacob Kops Pedersen, COO mobile: +45 3135 6607, or
People & Admin, Louise Ræbild, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: +45 22801505
Founded in Copenhagen in 2006, Mater was created to be the pioneering global brand with sustainability embedded in its core.
From the very beginning the ambition was to inspire a global design audience and engage people into sustainable thinking. Mater combines sustainability and circular production using waste, with timeless design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents.
Designed for both commercial and residential use, Mater strive to avoid and minimise any adverse impact on society, by following ethical and sustainable production criteria and creating products that will both stand the test of time and inspire the consumer to cherish and savour them.
After years of research for more sustainable ways to create furniture, lighting and objects we now work with a range of production partners with the same ambition as us, creating partnerships for change and supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Together we are committed to searching for new and better ways of making beautiful design - in a responsible way.