MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER WITH A NPI LEAD ROLE
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
Your areas of responsibilities
The Supply Manager will take a leading role on one of our business-critical processes, being our New Product Introduction process (NPI). An important key initiative in Mater’s growth journey is to successfully launch new products. The Supply Manager will take the lead on designing, setting up and running our NPI process and ensure products are introduced in a professional and scalable way. This, in close corporation with first and foremost our Design and Innovation team, but also our suppliers, Commercial team, Marketing and Finance.
Secondly the Supply Manager will be a key team player on:
- Facilitating our EOL (end-of-life) process
- Internal Mater Campaign planning lead
- Co-lead project streams on scaling our current sourcing capacity within specific categories
- Co-lead supplier contracts evaluation, negotiations, and professionalization
- Project team member in our future ERP and MRP implementation
Requirements and personal qualifications
- As a person you have a positive mindset, and you are most importantly a team player. You enjoy working in an informal environment, with dedicated colleagues who are willing to go the extra mile for each other and our customers.
- You have as a minimum 2 years of experience as Supply Chain Planner or similar. Preferable you have had a significant role running NPI or EOL processes.
- You have a proven track record in working with external suppliers and successfully establishing partner relations.
- You are familiar with ERP and MRP systems
- You have a growth mindset, you are ambitious, smart and well aware of how to succeed as a teamplayer
- You have a degree within engineering from DTU or similar or Supply Chain from a business school like CBS
- Language: Fluent in Danish & English (orally and written)
Travel: 10-20 days per year
You will be working together with a rapidly growing team of +20 motivated colleagues, who all share the ambition of making a positive sustainable impact on the furniture industry.
We offer a great challenge in a fast-growing company driven by innovation and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by teamwork, transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit. This role will give a unique possibility to be part of a company who is on a mission to inspire people into sustainable thinking.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
Competitive salary package according to qualifications including a pension scheme.
How to apply
Please apply before January 17th 2022. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your CV and short application in English to email@example.com; marked “Supply Chain Manager (NPI Lead)”
For further questions or information, you are welcome to contact:
COO, Jacob Kops Pedersen, mobile: +45 31356607, or
People & Admin, Louise Ræbild, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: +45 22801505
Founded in Copenhagen in 2006, Mater was created to be the pioneering global brand with sustainability embedded in its core.
From the very beginning the ambition was to inspire a global design audience and engage people into sustainable thinking. Mater combines sustainability and circular production using waste, with timeless design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents.
Designed for both commercial and residential use, Mater strive to avoid and minimise any adverse impact on society, by following ethical and sustainable production criteria and creating products that will both stand the test of time and inspire the consumer to cherish and savour them.
After years of research for more sustainable ways to create furniture, lighting and objects we now work with a range of production partners with the same ambition as us, creating partnerships for change and supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Together we are committed to searching for new and better ways of making beautiful design - in a responsible way.