MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A REGIONAL DIRECTOR, DACH
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics.
Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries. In 2021 Mater embarked on a global mission to 10 fold the positive climate impact and revenue, backed by Nordic Alpha Partners (Private Equity Green Tech Fund), and are now in the phase of investing to accelerate growth, the DACH region being an integral part of the plan.
The Regional Director - DACH, represents Mater in Germany, Austria & Switzerland and manages the P&L for the business unit. The overall purpose of the role is to lead and develop the business unit according to Mater
Strategic ambition and framework.
The role reports directly to the CEO and is a critical role with a significant tangible impact to the achievement of Mater´s Strategic ambition.
Your areas of responsibilities Together with the CEO and the leadership team, you will take lead and continuously develop and adjust the
strategy and tactics to deliver the commercial goals for DACH.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the legal entity & accountable for the P&L.
- Revise, develop and execute the Strategic Plan.
- Overall delivery of the accelerated commercial growth targets in the market.
- Sales plans & budgets across the channels as well as developing an efficient distribution network.
- Day to day management responsibility for the market organization.
- Hire, lead & develop the organisation to deliver on commercial aspiration.
- Analyse and develop a commercial terms and pricing strategy per channel, market and product.
- Together with Marketing, tailor and execute local marketing initiatives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the industry & market to identify and develop new partnerships, key client relationships and expansion opportunities.
- In close cooperation with supply chain, ensure proper planning and forecasting to meet customer demands, cost efficient delivery performance & quality.
- Local lobbying and act as a senior company representative towards corporate customers (D2C), dealers and in the project market (A&D´s).
- Being hands-on towards corporate customers, dealers, A&D´s and agents, to develop pipeline and win projects.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on senior leader with a proven track record, international experience and a strong network from within the industry, with a positive can-do mind set. Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with below experience and personal traits:
- Experience from deliveries of high growth strategy, developing and executing sales strategies.
- Proven track record in negotiating sustainable strategic commercial deals and agreements.
- Proven track record in building and managing high performing sales teams.
- Previous experience in holding P&L accountability.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and works well in a highly dynamic and transformational environment.
- Multi-cultural outlook with decentralized business management experience.
- Graduate education, preferably at Master level.
- Analytical skills, general numeracy and financially literate.
- Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- Fluent in German and English, both orally and in writing.
The role requires domestic & international travel.
Workplace: TBD (Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Munich) Germany.
We offer a great challenge in a purpose driven company, dedicated to innovation, design and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by transparency, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit in an ambitious
If you are interested and fit the requirements (of the ideal candidate, see above), we will need your application asap and latest by 10th of December 2021. Please submit your application and resumé in English to firstname.lastname@example.org ; marked “Regional Director DACH”
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
For further questions or details of the role or Mater A/S, you are welcome to contact
CEO, Ketil Årdal, email@example.com, +45 20128080 or
CSO Christian Erichsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 30321377.