MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A GREEN TECH INNOVATION MANAGER
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
Your areas of responsibilities
A key element of Mater is our green tech capabilities to produce sustainable furniture made from waste materials. Your main responsibility will be to build and maintain our core competences within our green technology that is centred around material mixing, thus creating a new circular composite material – becoming the technology expert in Mater. You will be responsible for the entire technology process ranging from the mixing machines to the press tooling. It covers both production and test machines.
- Build and maintain internal mixing technology knowledge
- Mature entire production set-up and processes, hence install best practices
- Develop processes, mixing (feeders) into the TKM machine and output to extruding and press molding.
- Develop a scalable technology set-up which can be replicated in other geographies
- Lead the installallation of future machines globally (technical, plan and budget)
- Install test machine in Copenhagen
- Run test machine together with product development
Your main responsibility will be to install and maintain our green tech machines and at the same time own and run our future test machine in Copenhagen.
Our machines and green tech knowhow are owned by Mater but operated by strategic partners. A key element is therefor to work closely with the partners and technology suppliers and succeed together with them.
This role reports to our COO Jacob Kops Pedersen.
Requirements and personal qualifications
- Technical understanding of mixing process machines
- Understanding of thermokinetic principles is an advantage
- Understanding of PLC programming
- Understanding of polymer and fiber materials
- Possible understanding of press moulding
- Technical degree within engineering – properly machine engineer or similar
- You have a growth mindset, you are ambitious, smart and are well aware of how to succeed as a teamplayer
- Language: Danish & English (orally and written)
- As a person you are curious, quick learner and not afraid of the unknown
The role requires 50-70 days of travelling.
You will be working together with a rapidly growing team of +20 motivated colleagues, who all share the ambition of making a positive sustainable impact on the furniture industry.
We offer a great challenge in a fast-growing company driven by innovation and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by teamwork, transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit. This role will give a unique possibility to be part of a company who is on a mission to inspire people into sustainable thinking.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation, or disability.
Competitive salary package according to qualifications including a pension scheme.
How to apply
Please apply before June 6th. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your CV and short application in English to email@example.com; marked “Green Tech Innovation Manager.”
For further questions or information, you are welcome to contact:
Jacob Kops Pedersen, COO mobile: +45 3135 6607, or
People & Admin, Louise Ræbild, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: +45 22801505
Founded in Copenhagen in 2006, Mater was created to be the pioneering global brand with sustainability embedded in its core.
From the very beginning the ambition was to inspire a global design audience and engage people into sustainable thinking. Mater combines sustainability and circular production using waste, with timeless design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents.
Designed for both commercial and residential use, Mater strive to avoid and minimise any adverse impact on society, by following ethical and sustainable production criteria and creating products that will both stand the test of time and inspire the consumer to cherish and savour them.
After years of research for more sustainable ways to create furniture, lighting and objects we now work with a range of production partners with the same ambition as us, creating partnerships for change and supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Together we are committed to searching for new and better ways of making beautiful design - in a responsible way.