MATER IS LOOKING FOR A CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for Maters Finance & IT functions, and the overall purpose is to develop and streamline structure, processes and systems, hence professionalizing and preparing Mater for continued growth and international roll-out of the business, whilst being in control of all financial matters.
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents. We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries.
Your areas of responsibilities
You will, as the Chief Financial Officer, be a key player in Mater Leadership Team, and your main responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsible for Group budget, accounts, controls and financial reporting.
- Responsible for relevant Group audits – internally and externally driven.
- Overall responsible for IT structure & systems (ERP/BI/CRM and other applications)
- Lead the development & implementation of IT structure & framework encompassing digitalization of processes and flows.
- Standardize and digitalize financial and commercial reporting & KPI´s.
- Overall responsible for Group compliance and adherence to GDPR.
- In close cooperation with the CEO, develop and lead the annual Strategy & Budget Process.
- Together with the CEO and Mater Leadership team, develop structure and ensure frequently follow up and reporting of all strategic projects.
- Support the CEO in relevant presentations and preparations, internally & externally.
- According to strategic business plan, develop & implement required financial & legal structure, i.e. subsidiaries.
- Review, develop and continuously improve the ERP & BI module and usage thereof.
- Ensure legal requirements are met.
- Oversee any financial potential risk and compliance, across the value chain.
- Hire, lead and develop direct reports.
The ideal candidate is an experienced business minded financial manager, with a flair for IT, with previous international experience from a similar role and at least 8 years of relevant experience. A talented individual, developing and growing into a top class CFO profile.
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with below experience and personal traits:
- Finance responsibilities on strategic, tactical, and operational level.
- Experience working with PE/Investment ownership model is an advantage.
- Financial Management responsibility in a midsized or larger company.
- Super-user in ERP systems and the finance module, having been part of ERP development project(s).
- Dynamic and highly operational yet still methodical, analytical, data-driven and structured.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and works well in a highly dynamic and transformational environment.
- Strong individual contributor while being a team-player.
- Master of Economics/Finance (Cand. Oecon. /Cand. Merc. Aud or similar) or equivalent experience.
We offer a great challenge in a purpose driven company, dedicated to innovation, design and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by transparency, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit in an ambitious team. This role will give a unique possibility to take lead in structuring and professionalizing finance and IT into a scalable set-up, hence embarking on an exciting journey to accelerate growth.
You will report to the CEO, and we will need your application latest by May 31st 2021.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your application and resumé in English to email@example.com; marked Chief Financial Officer
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
For further questions or details of the role or Mater A/S, you are welcome to contact
CEO, Ketil Årdal, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 20128080 or
HR consultant Mette Torpe, email@example.com, +45 22704947
Workplace: Copenhagen, Denmark