MATER IS SEARCHING FOR A RETAIL SALES MANAGER IN DENMARK
Would you like to be a part of a Danish design brand who is making a difference regarding sustainability and circular thinking within furniture design and production?
Then this position may interest you.
Mater is a Danish design brand founded in 2006 with a vision to be the pioneering global design brand with sustainability as its core value. We combine circular production in waste streams with timeless and alluring design, through collaboration with an external base of well-established and new design talents.
We constantly explore materials and production methods that are environmentally friendly to limit any negative effects of its design process without compromising aesthetics. Today our products are sold in more than 40 countries
The Retail Sales Manager represents Mater towards our BtC (Business to Consumer) Partners in Denmark.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and build the Mater brand with our Retail and Ecommerce partners.
The position is new and would allow the right candidate to have a strong influence on the development of Maters future position in the market.
You will be a key player in Maters Nordic sales team. Together with the Regional Director Nordic, you will continuously develop and adjust the actions and tactics to deliver the commercial goals for the Retail business in Denmark.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for sales to our BtC partners in Denmark.
- According to the strategy (selective distribution), develop the most effective BtC distribution network of e-tailers & retailers in the market.
- Together with Marketing, develop, plan, and implement any Mater Brand POS concepts for the distribution network.
- Develop, plan and implement sales activities in collaboration with our partners, including campaigns, newsletters and other marketing related efforts
- Accountable for achieving yearly sales targets
Requirements and personal qualifications
As a person you have a positive mindset and are a dedicated team player. You enjoy working in an informal environment, with dedicated colleagues who are willing to go the extra mile for each other and our customers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a similar position in the Danish furniture industry.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining long term partnership with customers, whilst demonstrating step change growth.
- A digital native person.
- A general good understanding and experience in both E-commerce (e-tail) & retail.
- Entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and works well in a highly dynamic and transformational environment.
- Language: Fluent in Danish & English (orally and written), and preferably good understanding of Norwegian & Swedish.
Travel: 10-20 days per year. Occasional evening or weekend work related to customer events is to be expected.
You will be working together with a rapidly growing team of +20 motivated colleagues, who all share the ambition of making a positive sustainable impact on the furniture industry.
We offer a great challenge in a fast growing company driven by innovation and sustainability. Our work environment is characterized by transparency, accountability, and entrepreneurial spirit. This role will give a unique possibility to be part of a company who is on a mission to inspire people into sustainable thinking.
In Mater, we strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of age, gender, race, sexual/religious orientation or disability.
Competitive salary package according to qualifications including a pension scheme.
How to apply
Please apply before November 15th 2021. We evaluate applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
If you would like to be part of the team, please submit your CV and short application in Danish to firstname.lastname@example.org; marked “Retail Sales Manager Danmark”
For further questions or information, you are welcome to contact:
Regional Director Nordic, Christian Ravn Knoth, mobile: +45 31771391, or People & Admin, Louise Ræbild, email@example.com, mobile: +45 22801505
Workplace: Copenhagen, but flexibility is offered for the right candidate.